Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gratitude

I don't have anything particularly profound to write today. I just want to express my gratitude to the many people who have and continue to offer love, support and their prayers in my behalf.

My burdens are made light because of those who are willing to help carry the load.

Meals have been brought in-- which was more of a blessing than I could have imagined. While I was in the hospital having surgery, Mom was home fighting a cold. Preparing meals in addition to caring for me and Dad and our puppy was beyond her abilities last week.

Rylie and Kinley, who are 10 and 8, were so upset that they asked their mother and grandmother if they could make fudge and bring it to us. It was chocolate with walnuts-- my favorite! They've also offered to take Sammie for walks if it is too much for Mom and me.

Alex drew a picture for me that he brought when his family brought us dinner. The picture hangs in a place of honor on our refrigerator door. Every time we open the refrigerator, we are reminded of his family's love, support and prayers.

Others have come to visit and have called. LuWane is coming all the way from San Diego to see me next week. (OK, the fall leaves have something to do with her visit as well.)

It is impossible to express just how much it all means to me and to our family. The kindness is overwhelming. Despite how well I am doing, there are moments when I feel like crying-- not out of sadness, but just because. Most of the time I feel like I'm taking things in stride, but there are odd moments when my emotions are very close to the surface. It is often in those very moments that someone steps in to remind me that I am loved.

While wondering how I ever came to deserve such kindness, I just promise that I will do my best to pass it on after I recover.

Superheroes put themselves on the line-- they perform some small act of service or kindness when prompted. They are also willing to accept with thankfulness those same acts of service given to them by others.

Thanks to you all! Maybe someday you will comprehend that what, to you, may seem small and insignificant has been an importact act of service to the recipient. Most of all, I am grateful to my Father in Heaven for blessing me with your presence in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment