Monday, February 23, 2009

Mysteries and puzzles


I love puzzles and mysteries! I like collecting the clues and trying to put them together to create a cohesive whole. Even the hunt for clues or a particular puzzle piece is interesting!
That doesn't mean I'm the world's greatest detective... it's just something that I like to do. I like the feeling that comes with rising to the challenge and finding the answer. Math, a good mystery novel, genealogy, crossword puzzles, the daily Cryptoquip-- I love them all!
I must admit, however, that I don't always have the patience to deal with some puzzles-- I'm not very good at Sudoku. The mystery of transforming a piece of fabric into a lovely dress or top isn't generally for me. I have the technical skills, but there is an artistic element that I haven't the patience to develop.
Relationships and life... aren't they the greatest mysteries of all?
Superheroes are problem-solvers. When they decide to tackle a problem, they don't give up until they have found the answer. They understand that some puzzles may take years or even a lifetime to resolve. When that happens, they defer judgment, while continuing to gather clues.

No comments:

Post a Comment