Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dinner dishes

The dinner dishes are waiting. I’ve tried to avoid them for hours now. There aren’t very many waiting to be transferred from the sink to the dishwasher. It’s just that I’ve had other things to do and now I’ve lost interest in getting the job done.

Mom and Dad were eating dessert when I got home. I ate and got the leftovers into the refrigerator, just in time for my friend Jalee to visit. Before she left, I had turned on the computer to show her something. And I have yet to make it back to the kitchen.

It would take me less than 10 minutes to finish the job. All I have to do is get to my feet and walk into the kitchen. Last time I checked, my arms and legs were functional and not painted on. Why can’t I seem to move them?

This is definitely NOT superhero behavior. Superheroes are quick to finish the small jobs so that they can move on to more important (and interesting) things. Maybe I’m in just a superhero-in-training.

Then again, I can always get up and head for the kitchen. Superheroes don't get sidetracked for long!

No comments:

Post a Comment